Do You Aspire to Be a Travel Writer? Photographer?
Travel writers. Travel photographers.
At DIWYY, we call you family.
Our travel writers and photographers really are family. We do everything we can to help you grow in your talents and special abilities. You’ll find a wide range of articles and photographs on DIWYY, and for good reason – we work hard to create a diverse group of contributors with a passion for travel and sharing their stories.
So you want to write for Do It While Your’e Young? Have some travel photography you’d like featured? If you have some epic content that the DIWYY audience will enjoy, we’d love to feature it.
(Just have a tip? Tell us about it here.)
Travel Writer Program
DIWYY is looking for travel writers to share their stories and insight to inspire others to get out there and see the world!
Step 1 – Find a category you’d like to write a piece for.
- Destination Details– if you are very familiar with a particular city (could even be your hometown), we’re looking for posts that will give an insider’s view on where to stay, what to do and where to dine.
- Reader Perspective – we seek first-hand perspective pieces from readers who have traveled, studied, worked or volunteered abroad. Some of our fan favorites have been pieces about a first solo trip abroad or the adventures of getting lost in a country where you don’t speak the language.
- Hotel Aficionado – have you always wanted to be a hotel critic? Here is your chance! Tell us about your favorite property in a post.
- Six Months Out – we like to highlight destinations that are in their prime six months from the time of publication. Have an idea? Send your pitch our way.
- Trip Review – if you have recently done an organized tour (Contiki and GAP Adventures are great examples), share your experience and your tips for future travelers.
- Getting Hostel – Have you stayed at a hostel that you would highly recommend? Review the hostel on DIWYY and share the love!
- Products We Heart – Do you keep track of the most useful, cutest, coolest products that make life and travel easier? Help our readers find the best products by putting together articles of recommendations.
Step 2 – Email us your story pitches below.
Please include a little background on yourself, what topic(s) you have in mind, why you’re the best person to write them and a link to your blog, website or writing samples (if applicable).
Step 3 – Get to work.
Once your pitch is approved, get to work! We target 500-700 words per post. Please include a few photos as well to include with your post (It would be great if you can be the primary subject in at least one of them). We also have a very simple Writer’s Agreement that all guest writers must acknowledge.
Step 4 – Queue for publishing.
The DIWYY will format your post and get it into the queue for publishing. If you have a website or blog, we can include a link to that in your bio.
Step 5 – Published!
When your post is live, we’ll email you the URL so you can start sharing. We encourage you to share the link with friends and family and to post it on Facebook and Twitter. We’ll do the same!
Travel Photographer Program
A picture is worth a thousand words and there is no better way to inspire a traveler than with a breathtaking snap of a destination. To be considered for Photo of the Week, follow these steps:
Step 1 – Send us your photos.
Select your favorite five photos for consideration or a link to a web album (preferred) to bret [at] diwyy.com. We’ll take a look and contact you if we’d like to include one of your images.
Step 2 – Send high resolution picture.
After an image has been selected, we will request a JPEG file of the photo to be emailed to us.
Step 3 – Queue for publishing.
We will email you back with an approximate publication date. At current time, we feature Photo of the Week on Fridays.
Step 4 – Published!
When your photo gets published, we will send you a link to the post. We encourage you to share the link with friends and family and to post it on Facebook and Twitter. We’ll do the same!
Once you’ve been published on DIWYY, feel free to put our badge on your blog letting the world know you’re a featured contributor on DIWYY! You may change the links to a specific article or a tag with your name in it. It’s up to you!
We look forward to your contributions!
[contact-form subject=”travel writer inquiry” to=”email@example.com”] [contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /] [contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” required=”true” /] [/contact-form]